Wow! We more than made up for the weather disruptions last week. We were so grateful to all be back safe and sound for a full week of school. All students worked extremely hard and we got everything completed and running on schedule. They absolutely smashed their Student Led Conferences and it was so nice to see so many parents coming into our learning space and being shown around by our Grade 5 Learning Guides. Ms Khadija and I are so proud of all of our students this week. They really did shine like stars.

We had a week of collaboration, reflection, goal setting and so much more! In Language students have been practising reciting poetry. Please encourage them this week to rehearse their poem that they have chosen for next week’s assembly. In maths we had a pre-assessment about the properties of 2D & 3D shapes. In Unit of Inquiry, websites were completed and have been published! In P.E. swimming started for everyone and will continue until the end of the year.

As you know we have been working on self-management skills throughout the year. The PYP encourages student voice, choice, and agency, so starting from next week, students will have complete responsibility for creating their own weekly Home Learning Plan, based on the targets they have set themselves for term 4. We are excited to see students take responsibility for planning their own home learning, and they will have a hard copy of their weekly plan every week, which they will bring home, but they will also be sharing it on Seesaw so that you can see the plan, and encourage them to complete their tasks.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Best wishes, Miss Rachel and Ms. Khadija