What a spectacular start to the year for the Grade 5 learning community. This week we have been creating our learning spaces, working together to create our Essential Agreements to make sure we have a balanced and challenging year ahead, and we welcomed some new members to ABIS. Students had choices to make as they completely designed their own learning space, giving them ownership of the environment they will work in throughout the year. We can’t wait for you to come and visit our classroom during the Parent Information Evening on Wednesday 30th August (next week).

Grade 5 students fully embraced UNICEF’s Kids Power Ups, this is a chance to regularly choose from a range of physical or learning activities. By completing Kid Power Ups, students unlock funding from partners which UNICEF uses to deliver lifesaving nutrition to severely malnourished children. This is a chance for Grade 5 students to take action, and make a real-life impact while learning. Well done students – you had some great moves as well!

It was wonderful to see all of the students working collaboratively and sharing their ideas, thoughts and opinions. Student voice is so important and this year students will have a lot of input into their learning as we work hard on developing their self-management skills throughout the year, allowing them to become more independent as learners.

As the Grade 5 Teaching Team, we are very excited about the year ahead.

Have a great weekend. Best wishes from Miss Rachel, Ms Khadija & Ms Meera.