Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the end of week 25. Another busy week.
We have been busy with our learning this week, for photos of students hard at work learning this week please see our Grade 6 Picture folder linked below.
Notices/ Worth Repeating
As you may have seen in the news, regarding health and safety protocols around Covid 19, Oman is making moves towards normalcy. We continue to maintain our high standards and our current procedures however and ask that we all remain vigilant in this respect.
As a reminder please see the points below:
- Do not send your child to school if they are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid. Keep them home until a doctor confirms that they can safely return to school.
- Please inform the school immediately once you are aware of any confirmed covid cases in your family, or of any close contacts with confirmed or suspected cases.
- Please follow the updated Covid Management protocols which our school will be following in the event of positive or close contact cases throughout our unvaccinated primary population.
- Primary grades will maintain grade level “bubbles”. This means they will eat and play within their own designated outdoor spaces.
- In order to maintain these bubbles, After School Activities will not resume until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully.
- Music and PE will continue as normal.
Also worth mentioning are a number of students that have participated in a Quran recital competition this week. Two of our students from Grade 6 took part and I believe achieved very positive results. Well done.
This week for homework students have been asked to learn spelling words, to revise their basic facts, to watch educational programmes and note their thoughts and reactions to their viewing. As a result of this we have had some very interesting discussions with students growing their understandings of what climate change is as well as what can cause this. Thank you for supporting this inquiry.
Reading, Writing and Inquiry
Human actions impact climates.
Lines of Inquiry:
For this we will inquire into the following;
- Human and natural causes of climate change
- Effect of climate change on animals
- Effect of climate change on biomes
For our UOI, students have been watching footage about our planet and how human action impacts climates. Students have also been putting together a list of other resources that inform this subject. For this please see the link below:
For mathematics this week students revised their basic facts and looked at the creation of charts and graphs to show their progress over the course of this year. Students look forward to sharing this information with you as part of their Student Led Conferences (SLC’s) next week. Students also continued their work with shape and space and will next week begin working in personalized learning groups according to their identified needs in this area.
For our Grade 6 schedule please see the link here: Grade 6 schedule.
Wishing you a great weekend ahead.
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your partners in learning.
The Grade 6 Teaching team
Glen Nicholson, Maryam Al Muqbali, Khadija Alornrani