The end of the year is fast approaching and it has been a year like no other.
ABIS will continue to offer a solid Distance Learning programme until the end of our planned year. Thanks to all of those parents who completed the survey sent out last week. The responses were positive and supportive. For reporting purposes only work submitted up to Thursday 7th of May will be included in reports, however, we do hope that your child/children will take advantage of this opportunity to continue to learn as much as they can. Please do contact us if you are feeling the strain of “teaching” at home and we will do our best to support you in any way we can.
Some of you are moving on and some of you are returning to ABIS next year. Please let us know if your circumstances have changed recently and differ from those you shared in our recent survey. Email Ms Eiman email@example.com. Also, if you are planning to leave on the May 18th flight, please also email Ms Eiman.
- If you have informed the school you are leaving you will receive separate email communications around the end of year/school processes in light of the current school closures.
- We will begin to collect iPads in the second to last week of school.
- We will inform you of the days and times you can return these along with any other school resources. such as musical instruments, textbooks, reading books or library books.
- We will be issuing reports online and you can collect the paper copy once school reopens.
- We will begin to collect iPads from Grade 2.
- We will inform you of the days and times you can return these along with any other school resources such as musical instruments, textbooks, reading books or library books.
- Students will keep their iPads over the summer and these will be updated when school reopens.
- For those in grade 12, Transcripts, Reports and Diplomas will be personally delivered on May 28th.
- IBDP results will be available online on July 6.
- IGCSE results are expected in late August/Early September and physical results are delivered to the school.
- For all students grades 3-10 ISA data on individuals will be shared by Ms Eiman during the summer break.
We would like to acknowledge the silver linings of the situation we find ourselves in. The opportunities for us all to upskill ourselves with the use of technology and the chance to spend more time with our families are two that spring to mind immediately. We hope you are enjoying this extra time with your children; we are missing seeing them at school! For teachers the sense of collegiality from around the world and the free sharing of webinars from education gurus has been invaluable during this time of lockdown.
For your information ABIS is classified as a private school in the Ministry of Education therefore we follow guidelines as such.
We are very much looking forward to sharing the rest of our year with you and have some surprises up our sleeve. Watch out for “Celebrating 50 Days of Distance Learning at ABIS”. We have some fun instore for you and our students!
Check out this video from the staff just for you! Have a Marvelous Monday. Please note, if you are observing Ramadan this video has music.